The Permanent Mission of the Sovereign Order of Malta to the United Nations Office at Geneva is looking for interns interested in joining the Mission.
This internship will provide an invaluable experience on international and humanitarian law, international relations and diplomacy. The intern will have the opportunity to learn more about the many activities of the Order of Malta and discover the multilateral environment in Geneva.
The Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta is a lay/religious order of the Catholic Church, a humanitarian institution present in 120 countries and a subject of international law maintaining full diplomatic relations with 112 States, the European Union and Permanent Observer status at the United Nations. It is neutral, impartial and apolitical. Its motto since the 11th century is tuitio fidei et obsequium pauperum.
- University degree (or ongoing) in International Relations, Political Sciences, Law…
- Full proficiency in English, good level of French is an advantage
- Flexible working hours, part-time (50% or more)
- Excellent writing, oral, research and communication skills
- Ability to work in group or independently
- Previous relevant professional experience is a valuable asset
- Knowledge and strong interest in international human rights issues
- Competence in Social Networks, Microsoft Office and computer software
Duties and responsibilities
- Attending and taking notes at conferences and events at the United Nations, International Organizations in Geneva and online
- Research (relevant documents, reports, data, articles…)
- Drafting executive reports and statements
- Assisting in administrative work
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of events (including online events)
- Preparing content for social media and website
- Other tasks related to the internship program
Workspace: The intern will have a workspace available at the Permanent Mission. Interns should use their own computers for the duration of the program.
Working hours: The internship is part-time on a flexible basis, but the intern must be available to work at about 50% capacity.
Disclaimer: The internship is unpaid, the Permanent Mission will not take on any financial responsibility related to travel, accommodation, or meal costs.