The Mission is composed of five diplomats:
– Ambassador and Permanent Observer Marie-Thérèse Pictet-Althann – CV
– Minister Counsellor and Deputy Permanent Observer Professor Michel Veuthey – CV
– Minister Counsellor and Deputy Permanent Observer Jean-François Kammer – CV
– First Secretary Yannick Galeazzi – CV
– First Secretary Silvia Vandi – CV
At the invitation of H.E. Fra’ John Dunlap, Lieutenant Grand Master – second from left –, the Mission’s diplomatic team attends a ceremony held on 5th October 2022 at the Magistral Palace in Rome.
Every State celebrates the “National Day”. For the Sovereign Order of Malta this event is on 24 June, for the Feast of St. John the Baptist, Patron of the Order of Malta.
List of Permanent Observers/ Ambassadors of the Order to the United Nations in Geneva
– H.E. Comte Edouard Decazes de Glücksbierg (1994-1999)
– H.E. Pierre-Yves Simonin (1999-2005)
The Permanent Observer Mission of the Sovereign Order of Malta to the United Nations Office and other International Organizations in Geneva is situated near the city center (3 Place Claparède, CH-1205).
Permanent Missions to the United Nations in Geneva: https://www.unog.ch/bluebook